Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Shouting Star [Finished]

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shouting Star [Finished]

Post  Jinki on 5th June 2012, 9:46 pm

Jinki grinned, fixing his hair the best he could and shaking his head to settle the slight mess. "Foxes can't brush themselves, yes?" he asked softly, smiling. Far as he knew, at least from the Bakeneko that visted his bakery once a week, brushing on a regular basis made it much softer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 12:13 am

"No we can't," Haru pouted. "The best I can do is prop up a brush and walk against it..." which he had to admit, he had tried a few times. It never lasted though because somehow the brush would fall over, ultimately causing the fox to just flop against it out of irritation. But even if it did work, there were still places that would be missed because he could only reach so much that way.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 12:17 am

"And that, I'm guessing, has been ineffective?" he asked, smiling at the fox. His guess is that the brush would simply fall over after a few passes. Jinki already had an idea to remedy that problem, but he wasn't sure if the fox would even want his help in the first place, so he kept quiet.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 12:35 am

"Very," Haru was saddened by the truth that he had no way of brushing himself and making his fur super soft like he wanted it. "I would ask someone, but none of the people I know would do it," the smaller man huffed a little bit. He really thought about asking some of them, but the last time he asked anyone, they only laughed and called him an adorable little puppy. After that the subject was dropped completely.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 12:53 am

Jinki frowned. "...I would do it..." he said, offering a small smile. It was true, too. Jinki didn't particularly care that he had just met the fox, since he met new people every day. If someone wanted or needed some sort of help from him, then he would gladly do whatever he could, no matter who it was.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 1:29 am

"Really?!" Haru's bright smile returned. He had never really had someone else brush him before. Not since he was still just a pup. But after his father died, not even his brother would brush out his fur for him. Though he did suppose it was his own fault. If he had decided to get a master, he probably would get pampered a lot more. The fox wasn't sure he was up for something like that though. Even though he wore a collar all the time, he didn't like to think of himself as someone's property.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 1:50 am

Jinki nodded, smiling. "Yes, really....uhm, I don't think I managed to catch your name...I'm Jinki, by the way," he said, his smile turning sheepish. He was certainly good at forgetting to introduce himself. Perhaps it was because he was used to people already knowing his name? Jinki wasn't sure. But it wasn't as though he had any friends; he lived and worked by himself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 2:00 am

"Oh, yeah, no, I'm Haru. Totally forgot about that," the lemon haired boy laughed. He was a forgetful person, but he didn't do introductions much either. He knew all sorts of people, but hardly any of them by name. He didn't know if they knew his name either. To him it was just a mutual agreement to just be around each other, saying 'hey you' to get the person you want's attention. It didn't matter if they had seen each other multiple times before or not. "I don't really know what I would give you in return for brushing me though. I mean, you can have the fur that comes out, but you already gave me your feathers, so it doesn't completely seem fair," Haru thought about it. He really didn't have much that he could pay someone with. But it didn't seem right to have the other man be so nice without some form of payment.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 2:13 am

"...well, then it's wonderful to meet you properly, Haru," he said, laughing a little. He would definitely have to start remembering to tell people his name, rather than think they should know it in the first place. "...actually, the fur is enough on it's own...it's good for nesting and for burning, so it's more valuable than a lot of other things..." he said, honestly not wanting or needing anything more than that. "It's a fair enough trade, too, at least if you ask me..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 2:44 am

"Huh, I never would have guessed that someone would like it so much, but if you say so," Haru shrugged. His fur wasn't in the best condition, and he would sometimes get comments about it. Though, there wasn't much he could do about it, so he just ignored them. But if this Jinki was willing to groom him, there was no way he would object. "If you like it so much, you can have it whenever you want. Fair warning though, it is an obnoxious bright orange," the fox grinned at the last bit. Even if he didn't like always being the same color, he did think it was a good one.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 2:48 am

"It's a rare thing to find when I need it..." he murmured, chuckling. "Orange is good, actually. It's the nicest of the warm colors...uhm, I'm pretty sure i have a good brush at home...do you wanna go there? Or...? I can give you dinner, too, if you'd like..." Jinki wasn't sure if he was overstepping a boundary of some sort; he was unused to situations that were like this.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 10:28 am

"Okay!" Haru didn't really care if he was actually being led on by the other man. If he was, he could just turn and run later. He wasn't concerned about the food either. All he really wanted was a pleasant brushing. And Jinki seemed like a nice enough guy. Well, he smelled like he was a nice person, and just smelled nice in general. "Is that really okay though? I mean, I'm not exactly uptown material," and he wasn't. Though he was clean, his behavior and dress always got attention. A lot of it in which was him being looked down on.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 11:46 am

"Of course it's okay! C'mon, I don't think you've been to my part of town...you should see some of the things people wear," he said, eye smiling at the fox. He was being quite sincere with his offer, too. It wasn't every day he met someone so adorable and seemingly innocent. Jinki turned, motioning with a hand for Haru to follow him, and started heading in the direction of one of the park gates.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 4:12 pm

'Well, if you don't think you'd be embarrassed with me," Haru grinned as he began to follow Jinki. He was amused that the man was so welcoming in inviting him to his house. Haru was open to a lot of people, but not like that. He knew and met people, but never invited them over. Now that he thought about it, he wasn't sure anyone actually knew where he lived aside from that it was in Grum somewhere.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 6:56 pm

"Why would I be?" he asked rhetorically, leading the fox out of the park and through the streets. It wasn't unusual for him to offer someone a place to stay or something similar, since he knew a good third of the people that lived in Wonderland. Though it felt like he knew everyone, since it seemed like the entire population came through his bakery.

Last edited by Shinji on 7th June 2012, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 6th June 2012, 7:15 pm

"Well, you don't really look like you would be with someone like me. Not unless you were forced or something," the fox answered honestly. Jinki was much more clean cut than most of the people he spent his time around. "I mean, do you hang out with people from Grum often?" Haru joked. He didn't actually expect that the other was familiar with the types of people he was around, or even those from Grum in general. To him, those who were from the main parts of the city were a bit more high on their horse so to speak, and lived in their own little world separated from downtown. It didn't matter that they actually lived in the same world really.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 6th June 2012, 10:49 pm

Jinki blinked, glancing back at the fox. "Actually, I don't hang around anyone," he answered, not really understanding that Haru was only kidding. But the Phoenix just kept walking, a slight frown on his face. He didn't like that he had no friends, and didn't go anywhere. But, he supposed, that was the other side to running a business. He had no social life, no would he ever really have one, even if he tried.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 12:23 am

Haru caught Jinki's frown out of the corner of his eye and turned his attention fully to th phoenix as he walked. He leaned in close to him with a smile on his face. "Why not? You seem nice enough to spend time with," at least from what the kitsune could tell he was nice. A lot nicer than some of the people in Grum. It was a nice change of pace from the typical idiot lowlifes that he surrounded himself with.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 12:34 am

He glanced at Haru, tilting his head slightly. "Mostly because the only time I have by myself is when I'm sleeping...and, far as I know, most people don't like watching other people bake and make tiny desserts," he answered with a sigh, finally stopping in front of the bakery itself. Jinki unlocked and opened the door for the fox without a word, letting him go first.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 12:45 am

Haru blinked at Jinki, then the doorway he was offered. "Hmm, well I like sweets, so as long as I get to try them, I wouldn't mind watching you. Can't say I'd be interested in watching you sleep though," he smiled again before skipping through the door and looking at and touching everything in the bakery.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 12:52 am

He could help but laugh a little as he followed Haru in, shutting the door and turning the lights on. "Well, go ahead and try whatever you want. I've been told the banana bread and the macaroons are the best things I have, but I prefer the peanut butter brownies..." he said, trailing off a little and getting one of said brownies from a cooled display case, biting into it with a happy sigh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 1:08 am

"Macaroons?" Haru's head tilted as he looked into one of the cases. "What's that, are they good?" he had heard of them before, but never actually tried them. Actually, he didn't even know what they looked like. As much as the fox liked sweets, he usually just ate candies and cheap things from little stores. Getting things from bakeries was rare for him. Mainly because they were kind of expensive, and there weren't any good ones in Grum that he knew of.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 1:30 am

"They're impossible to describe...it works better if you just try one or two," he answered, smiling and getting a small bowl from under the counter and putting a few different flavors of macaroons in it before handing it over to the fox. He didn't eat them that much, really, only when he needed to make sure they tasted right.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 1:54 am

Haru watched as Jinki picked out the colorful macaroons from their jars and handed him the bowl filled with the different flavors. He took the bowl when it was offered and looked over the cookies curiously, smelling them individually. They smelled sweet, but it wasn't overpowering at all. It was good because as much as the kitsune didn't want to admit it, there was a such thing as too sweet. He picked out a green one, because of it's interesting color and put the whole thing into his mouth because the cookies weren't too big to do it. He was surprised when the cookie collapsed in his mouth like it was only filled with air, and it showed on his face. But it wasn't only filled with air, proven by the nutty flavor that came next. Because of the soft texture, it was difficult for him to chew with the whole thing in his mouth. It didn't taste bad at first, quite good actually. But soon Haru's face contorted slightly at a small hint of saltyness from the cookie. That, he didn't like. He put the bowl of the others down on the table, and tried to swallow the one in his mouth quickly because it would be very inappropriate to just spit it out on the floor, as much as he would prefer it. "Bleeehhhhhhhhh! It's salty!" he whined, a pout deep in his features.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 2:01 am

He watched Haru taste one of the macaroons, picking up his peanut butter brownie and going back around the counter to him, chuckling softly. "It's pistachio, Haru. I'm guessing you don't like salty...? Try the pink one instead," he said, smiling and finishing the browning he was holding. "Well, that is, if you like strawberries. If not, then try the brown one, it's chocolate."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top