Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Shouting Star [Finished]

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shouting Star [Finished]

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 2:14 am

"Salty is gross..." Haru continued to pout. He was hesitant about trying another one after that. But, he did like strawberries...Actually, all sorts of berries. Wild berry bushes grew all over in the forest, and he used to go picking them all the time when he was younger. He picked out one of the pink ones, this time taking a much smaller bite just in case. Luckily it tasted much better than the other one, so he ate the rest of it quickly. He looked at some of the other things in the cases while then turned to Jinki with a curious look. "You have a lot of things with peanut butter. Is it salty?" he asked seriously.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 1:23 pm

"Sometimes it's okay," he said, following after Haru as he looked into the displays. "What, peanut butter? No, I make sure it's sweet. The store-bought kind is a little salty sometimes, but I make my own, so...." he answered, trailing off at the end of his sentence. He only made salty treats when someone asked him to, aside from the pistachio macaroons.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 1:32 pm

"I can't eat salty things. It's always way too strong, even if you say it's just a little bit," Haru scrunched up his face at the thought of his previous cookie. Then he looked at Jinki, a small grin on his lips. "You really don't do much huh, if you make absolutely everything yourself."

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 1:44 pm

He smiled, chuckling. "You really just don't like salt, huh..." he murmured, raising an eyebrow at what the fox said. "Yeah...I don't. The only thing I really do to get out is go eat. I'm a terrible cook, but a good baker. Makes no sense at all...."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 1:56 pm

"Not even a little bit. We never used it when I grew up," Haru pursed his lips a little and poked at some of the utensils. "Hm, but at least you have that. I would burn this place down making toast," the fox laughed at a fond memory of ruining someone's home when they asked for his help with breakfast. It was kind of the reason he never actually stayed with someone over night anymore.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 2:04 pm

He nodded, watching the fox curiously poke at things. He laughed with him a bit, grinning. "I've almost done that, actually. Had to throw away the toaster after I nearly caught the kitchen on fire again." He really truly was a terrible cook. He'd tried his hardest to learn, but it just never worked.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 2:32 pm

"I've never owned a toaster," Haru said with a bubbly tone. Growing up he never had much to work with since it ended up being only him and his brother. That's probably why he never learned to cook, he basically just grew up on eating things as he found them. It worked for him so far. And living in the city he just bought food, or ate at work. Not the healthiest things though.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 2:46 pm

"...toasters are evil," Jinki murmured, frowning. He'd already gotten rid of two before the last one before finally just giving up and going out for breakfast every day. Which he was totally fine with, he made enough per week to actually fund such a thing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 3:09 pm

Haru nodded with Jinki's statement. He really was no good with kitchen supplies, and never actually learned how to use a microwave. "I just eat junk food all the time," he shrugged. He lived off convince store foods, and the occasional food he would get when his boss would feed him. He yawned a little and stretched, looking over the bakery again. "So do you live, like, in the bakery or?" the fox didn't think he did, but it would be interesting. Though, it didn't look like there was a comfortable place to sleep anywhere.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 3:37 pm

"Live in here? Oh, no, I live upstairs," he answered, figuring it was better if he didn't comment on what Haru normally ate. "Here, I'll show you." He went back outside, waiting for Haru to follow him out before re-locking the door and going around behind the building to climb the covered stairs up to the second floor. He unlocked the door, holding it open for the fox to go in.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 3:59 pm

Haru followed quietly, his ears twitching to the jingling of keys. When the door was opened for him, he walked in, looking around the new room with interest. Even if he was born in the forest, he'd never been to a bird's house before, so he was curious.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 4:11 pm

He'd closed and locked the rooms he didn't use a long time ago, which meant everything but the living room. That of which contained a decently-sized TV, a couch, and a coffee table. A large fake tree stood in one corner, some of its plastic leaves and the ceiling above it scorched and singed. The nest he slept in was in the actual tree, since he never bothered to use a bed. The living room was the only room he ever went in, except when he cleaned. "Well...home sweet nest, I suppose."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 4:25 pm

"It's kind of cute," Haru giggled and went over to the plastic tree, picking at the melted and singed leaves. "There's a lot more stuff than I thought a bird would have," he grinned then went to the couch and sat down, placing the feathers he had been carrying down on the table. He really did think the place was nice, and definitely as clean as he expected.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 4:51 pm

"Well...I did get a lot of it from the previous owners," he said, balancing himself on an arm of the couch. "You know...I actually have a whole box of those feathers around here somewhere...I used to pull them out when I first started flying on longer trips, since they were only extra weight. Do you want them?" he asked, offering the fox a smile.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 10:06 pm

'A whole box?" Haru tilted his head as he brought his feet up on the couch and hugged his knees. He thought it was a little weird that the bird would keep a bunch of feathers that he didn't want. But he couldn't say too much since he hadn't cleaned up any of the fur he shed over the past month. Though, he absolutely hated cleaning, so that was a good excuse right? "Are you going to keep my fur in a box too?"

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 10:44 pm

"Yeah...you never know if someone might need them or something...some of the Nekos like them," he answered to the fox's first question, looking under the couch for the box. It wasn't there, however. Instead, he found it in the TV stand. He handed it to Haru with a nod. "Probably. I'll have to get a bigger box than this one, though."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 7th June 2012, 11:17 pm

"Would the neko's be mad if I took all of them," Haru started looking through the box. The feathers were really soft, and he couldn't help but smile because of it. They were all such pretty colors too. "The first fur you get from me probably won't be that great though, unless I got a bath. Like I said, it's not in the best condition," his smile turned sheepish as he kept looking at the feathers.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 7th June 2012, 11:43 pm

"They wouldn't be. Besides, I can just pull more of them out, so it's fine," he said, smiling. He knew they would be fine with it, this way they could just ask for what color they wanted and he could take care of it that way. "That's okay! I can open up the bathroom if you actually want the bath, though..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 12:02 am

"Doesn't it hurt taking your feathers out all the time?" Haru questioned, setting the box on the table and putting his other feathers in it. He looked at Jinki a little confused when he said open up the bathroom. "Don't you ever use it?" His expression changed as he thought about how the other probably took baths in puddles and did his business in public. He was born in the forest, but he never really did that. It just seemed weird to him. "And, I may need help...It's difficult to wash myself in that form," he didn't expect that Jinki would actually bath him, but he figured he'd mention it anyway. If he didn't get help, he would just end up playing in the water, most likely making a mess.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 12:12 am

"No, not really. I'm used to it, to be honest," he said, blinking. "The bathroom? No, not really. I use the one downstairs when I work, but I'm usually in my other form when I'm up here. Everything is sealed off for the most part." He laughed a little, imagining what the fox might be thinking. "I don't mind helping at all."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 12:21 am

"Then, where do you go, because it's really clean up here..." he looked around a little. He couldn't imagine not having a bathroom, it was just too much not to. He smiled at Jinki when he agreed to help though and began taking off his clothes, stripping his jacket then shirt. "Great! It's hard to use soap when you have no thumbs," he joked as he went to take off his pants.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 12:34 am

"Hey, I clean up after myself," he said, a slight pout in his tone. He set down newspaper at night, and put it in the trash outside in the morning before he went downstairs to start baking for the day. He smiled, getting up while the other began stripping, and went to unlock the bathroom and get it ready, laughing quietly at Haru's remark.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 12:56 am

"Clearly," Haru laughed. He almost fell over when he took off his socks, dropping them to the floor next to the pants he previously wore. When he stripped off everything, he shifted then followed after Jinki. His fox form was much smaller than most of his kind, being about the size of a Pomeranian, and he only had one tail. The tiny fox sat behind Jinki waiting for him. His fur was a complete mess, and looked a bit dirty. He didn't take off his collar either, so the white was in contrast to his bright orange and black fur.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 1:18 am

He glanced back when he finished, smiling. "Cute," he stated quietly, kneeling and carefully removing Haru's collar. "I don't want it to get messed up..." Jinki smiled a bit more, turning the water in the tub off before there was more than six inches of water in it. He moved the plastic cup he'd brought with him onto the edge of the bathtub, then picked Haru up and gently set him in the water.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 1:28 am

The fox almost panicked when Jinki took his collar off, wiggling and protesting as it was taken from him. Haru never took off his collar for anything. In fact, it was probably the first time it was removed from his neck in years. While Jinki was busying himself with filling the tub, Haru tried to get his collar back from the counter that was far too high for his little body to reach the top of. He barked a few times in frustration as he cursed is small form.

When Jinki picked him up he tried to snag it off the counter when he was at it's height, but to his dismay missed, knocking it on the floor. Haru let out a little huffing whine and just resigned to sitting in the water, lapping some of it up for a drink.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top