Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Shouting Star [Finished]

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shouting Star [Finished]

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 1:38 am

"Hey...don't be like that...I promise I'll put it back on when you're clean," he said gently, returning the collar to the sink counter before lightly scratching under the fox's chin and behind his ears. "I swear I won't keep it. It wouldn't do for it to get ruined though, would it?" He smiled a bit, hoping to reassure Haru that he would indeed get his collar back.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 1:54 am

Haru pouted and looked at his collar now back on the counter. He swore if he didn't get it back right away he would pluck all of Jinki's feathers out one by one. Though his thoughts were distracted when his chin and ears where scratched. He couldn't stop his tail from wagging a little bit in the water and leaning into Jinki's hand. It had been a long time since someone treated him like that, and he liked it.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 1:58 am

He continued the scratching, smiling. He would make sure that as soon as Haru was dry and his neck was brushed out, the collar would be back on where it belonged. Jinki set to washing him carefully after a few minutes, making sure the small fox was completely and absolutely clean as he could be. He scratched his chin again before wrapping him up in a soft towel, drying him off until his fur was just barely damp. "There," he murmured, getting the brush he'd gotten out from where it was on the counter and brushing out Haru's neck, then put the bright white collar back on him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 9:04 am

While Jinki washed him, Haru behaved pretty well, with the exception of flopping around in the water a little bit. Otherwise he let Jinki do as he wanted. When he was pulled out and wrapped in the towel he rubbed his head against it, drying off his ears from the small amount of water he accidentally got in them. He barked and rolled around, while being dried, stopping as soon as he saw Jinki going for his collar. Haru sat still for him to put it on, licking his hand, happy that his collar was back in it's right place.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 12:03 pm

He really couldn't help but laugh at the fox's little antics. He should have been annoyed, but Jinki was unable to find it in himself to be. He smiled once the collar was back on, scratching behind Haru's ears again. "See? I told you I would give it back, silly..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 12:33 pm

Haru barked and wagged his tail happily at Jinki's words. He hopped into the other's lap and began licking his face. Not being able to communicate normally as a fox usually was a problem, but he hoped the message got across right. After a few moments of letting Jinki scratch his ears he jumped down from his lap, circling a couple times in place before flopping down and rolling onto his back. His big eyes looked at the phoenix expectantly with a little bark.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 12:45 pm

He let out a soft sound of surprise when Haru started licking his face, but grinned. Yes, the little fox certainly was about adorable as something could get. And when he flopped down and rolled onto his back, Jinki figured automatically that he was asking for a belly rub. He obliged happily, humming quietly as he did as he was asked to.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 1:01 pm

Haru was one happy puppy. It had been a long time since his requests were met, and he definitly wouldn't complain, even when Jinki accidentally tickled him while rubbing his belly. If he could, he would stay with the other, but he knew he would probably be in the way. Besides, he wasn't sure he was ready to be a pet. He knew a lot of Nekos and Kitsune of his social standing had to become pets if they wanted to move up and out of Grum, but he didn't think that was for him. And he really had no problem living there either. After a little while, of wiggling around and playing with Jinki, nipping at his hands and running around him, he went to his pile of clothing. He dug himself under and into his shirt.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 3:31 pm

He wasn't sure why the thought came to mind, but suddenly Jinki realized how lonely he had been. Even just doing this for Haru had made him laugh more than he had in a long while. When the fox ran off and burrowed into his clothes, he chuckled and sighed. He did consider asking Haru to stay, but he honestly didn't want to seem, well, for lack of better wording, creepy.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 3:43 pm

Haru shifted under his clothing, putting his shirt on in the process. A useless talent he developed while bored one day. The rest of his clothes he had to put on manually though. Having to be naked was the only downfall to his shifting. He knew older kitsune could shift with their clothes, but he never learned how to do it that way. Haru just figured it was because he learned prematurely and wasn't strong enough. He slipped back into his pants and jacket then smiled at Jinki. He could tell something was different in Jinki's expression while looking at him, and he recognized it a little bit. It was just barely, but he could see the loneliness in the phoenix's eyes. It was familiar to Haru as well, which is probably why he decided to say something. "Ne, Jinki," he started off hoping to hell he had the other's name right. Not using them for so long he was a little worried. "If you ever get too bored of only baking, we can play again."

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 3:57 pm

He looked away while Haru dressed, wanting to give him at least some form of privacy while he did so, then looked back at him. Jinki blinked, tilting his head. Haru would come back? That sounded okay to him. Sounded great, actually. He offered a small smile and nodded, getting to his feet and cleaning up the bathroom quickly before letting the tub drain. "...that would be fun," he said quietly.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 4:36 pm

Haru followed Jinki to watch him. He was amused at how tidy he was, but maybe he was just obnoxiously messy. He also thought it was funny how Jinki turned away while he was getting dressed. Normally he was watched, or ignored, so nudity never bothered him. "I can come over whenever you want, as long as I don't have work anyway. I don't think my boss would be happy with me bailing to play fetch," Haru laughed as he leaned against the wall.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 5:11 pm

"...you could just stay here if you wanted to..." he offered quietly, tossing the towel he had used to dry Haru off after his bath into the hamper. He would wash it later, he figured. Jinki sighed quietly, looking back at Haru. He doubted the fox would even consider taking the offer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 5:42 pm

Haru was a bit surprised by the offer, and it showed on his face. He really didn't get why Jinki would want him to stay, even if they did have fun. "You mean like, for the night?" he tried to clear things up. He could maybe understand a night, but not longer than that. He didn't want to burden the nice bird. He'd been a nuisance before, and it wasn't fun for either party involved.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 6:22 pm

"...no, I mean live here...but...n-nevermind, I probably shouldn't have asked..." he said, sighing and edging around Haru to put the fur he had brushed off of the fox into his nest. Jinki had probably overstepped a boundary, as he had often done before.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 7:14 pm

The fox was a little shocked at the request. Normally that sort of offer was only offered as a pet. Haru could feel his cheeks getting warmer as he looked to the ground. Though he didn't know if it was because he liked the idea, or hated it. Either way it made him nervous. "It's okay, it's just...I'm not sure that's a good idea...I'm not a pet, and I'd cause you more trouble than I'm worth," he kept his eyes on his feet beneath him. He could tell that Jinki was worn out since they started talking before, and he didn't want to make the bird's condition any worse. Even if he wanted to help him with his loneliness.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 7:50 pm

"...why do you think it would be any trouble to me for you to stay here...?" he asked softly, curiosity getting the better of him. He could house two other people beside himself if he wanted or needed to without a problem. He made plenty from the bakery, and most of it was just sitting in his bank account anyways. "...and who said I'd want you as a pet...? Last time I checked, people don't keep friends as pets..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 8th June 2012, 8:32 pm

"Well...last time I lived with someone, I was nothing but a problem for them," Haru said vaguely. He didn't really have an interest in letting out too much information about himself, most people didn't know anything. "I'm really messy anyway, and I wouldn't be able to help you at all because I don't like to clean or anything like that. It would only be more work for you," his speech was a little faster against his will. "And, well, I've been asked to be a pet before, so I thought that maybe that was what you were asking too," the fox admitted a little embarrassed. He felt a little bad for accusing Jinki, but he couldn't help it.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 8th June 2012, 10:14 pm

He just shrugged. "I wouldn't mind the extra work. Besides, all anything here does is collect dust...would be nice if someone used it again," he said with a slight smile. Jinki really was just saying what was on his mind about the subject. "...oh...no, I wouldn't do that. Not unless you wanted to, even then I might say no..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 9th June 2012, 10:13 am

"I don't think I want that..." Haru shifted on his feet, referring to the idea of being a pet. "You already have your hands full with that bakery, and you look pretty worn out. I would probably make it worse after a while," he figured Jinki was basing his thoughts of how their evening was going. Sure, things may be pretty simple, but Haru was demanding sometimes, and he knew it. "Though, you do seem like a nice enough person to have as a master," the fox couldn't help himself from adding the comment. Haru just hoped it came across as a compliment the way he meant it.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 9th June 2012, 10:31 am

Jinki frowned a bit, nodding. "....alright...if you say so...though you wouldn't," he said. "...not like I would force you, either." He bit his lip at the last thing Haru said, not really sure how he should take it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 9th June 2012, 10:59 am

Looking up, Haru caught Jinki's frown and realized that it was something he really didn't want to see. "How about I just come visit you all the time, and if I like bothering you so much, I'll stay," he tried, smiling and taking a few steps closer to the other, his head tilting cutely.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 9th June 2012, 11:52 am

Jinki blinked, smiling faintly. He liked that idea. He nodded in agreement. "Sounds good to me. Uhm...do you want the spare key, or...?" he asked quietly, tilting his head as well. He didn't mind giving it to Haru at all, not really. Jinki would enjoy the visits.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haru on 9th June 2012, 12:25 pm

"Would that be okay?" Haru laughed a little at the thought of having a key to this place. Especially since he himself didn't even have a spare to his own apartment. "I wouldn't want to interupt any indecencies that are taking place when I'm not around," he teased a little, a grin on his lips.

Haru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinki on 9th June 2012, 7:53 pm

Jinki laughed, nodding. "Yes, it would be fine. No indecencies to worry about, though..." he said, winking at the fox playfully. As if he ever had visitors to his actual home. He would welcome the random visits from Haru, for sure.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top